Poor watering techniques can lead to root rot, weed growth, and discoloration in your plants and grass. Providing ample water for your lawn and garden is the key to healthy plants. However, you can do more harm than good if you are not paying attention. We know that in order to succeed at what we do, we have to keep our customers happy, and our first priority is you. That’s why it’s in your best interest to hire our professionals at J&R Sprinklers
, to do a lawn sprinkler installation, so that you don't have to worry about these common irrigation mistakes.
Signs of Under-Watering:
Signs of Over-watering:
- The grass blades roll or start to fold.
- The blades turn a grayish-blue instead of a dark green.
- The ground is hard. A screwdriver won’t go into the soil with gentle pressure.
- Walking across the lawn leaves footprints
Best Time of Day to Water:
- Runoff from your sprinklers into your driveway or street is excessive because your lawn is oversaturated.
- Crabgrass and other weeds start to thrive and spread.
- The ground feels mushy or soggy when you walk on it.
- You notice standing water in your lawn.
- Mushrooms and algae begin to grow in your lawn.
- The grass turns yellow or light green.
- Irregular, spreading bare patches appear caused by moisture-loving insects.
- Grass begins to wilt, often due to white grubs feeding on the roots.
Don’t Water in the Rain:
- Don’t water at night. A wet lawn that sits all night is prone to root rot – as well as fungus and other infections.
- Water in the early morning between 4am and 8am. Otherwise, you can waste up to 65% of your water; it evaporates in the heat of the day before your grass can absorb it.
Already have an irrigation system? If your lawn shows signs of too little or too much watering, simply adjust your watering schedule by changing how often and how long you water. Don’t know how to change your sprinkler system controller and program it in order to achieve
- This sounds like a no-brainer, doesn’t it? But how many times have you driven past properties with the sprinklers running full blast while it’s pouring down rain?
- If you can’t be home to turn off your system when it rains, let us install a rain sensor. It’s small, affordable and pretty much runs itself.
efficient lawn watering? We can take care of that for you. Whether you just moved in to a new home, or you've forgotten since last summer how to program your system, we're your Denver sprinkler professionals
, and the go-to source to figure it out for you.
Whether we installed your irrigation system or not, here at
J&R Sprinklers, we still run our family business based of our founding principles of trust and dependability, so you count on us for your irrigation needs in Denver
. Contact us at 303-688-5909
and we’ll come out to ensure you’re getting just the right amount of water on your lawn and landscaping.